Concept, choreography, performance: Irena Z.
Tomažin, Jule Flierl Light: Gretchen Blegen
Sound: Nicola Ratti
Costume: Jean-Paul Lespagnard
Historic advisor, dramaturg: Kata KasznahorkaiOrganiser: Brigita Gračner
Production: Alexandra Wellensiek, Špela Trošt
A production by Irena Z. Tomažin + Jule Flierl
in co-production with SOPHIENSÆLE (Berlin), Zavod Sploh (Ljubljana), Charleroi
Danse Centre chorégraphique de Wallonie-Bruxelles (Brussels), PACT Zollverein
(Essen). Supported by Hauptstadtkultur Fonds.
15.-18. July 2021, Sophiensaele, Berlin, Germany
10.-11. October 2021, City Of Women, Ljubljana
26. March 2022, Charleroi Dance, La Raffinerie, Bruxelles, Belgium
30. March 2022, Trigger festival, Kino Šiška, Ljubljan (Supported by the NATIONALES PERFORMANCE NET Internationale Guest Performance Fund for Dance, which is funded by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media.)
27. October 2022, Sounded Bodies, Kulturni centar Travno - KUC Travno Zagreb, Hrvaška
30. October 2022, Kondenz festival, Beograd, Srbija24. February 2023, festival Gibanica, Ljubljana
24. February 2023, festival Gibanica, Ljubljana
19. June 2023, festival Somerszene, Salzburg, Austria
13. September 2023, festival HERE, Witlycke, Sweeden
The jury found the performance U.F.O. by Jule Flierl and Irena Tomazin outstanding on different levels: the political dimension and power of the voice, the physicality of the sound, and the philosophical reflections on voice, body and space, but also the historical research. We were impressed by the precise dramaturgy and rhythm of the piece.